Friday, April 22, 2011

Fancy Claws


    So not to toot my own horn but every once and a while I happened to catch on to a trend super early and am actually cool. No laughing it's not nice! Years ago I wore leg warmers on my arms, I had a friend who laughed and pointed while asking, "Do you have legwarmers on your arms?!!!". NOT a highlight in my life but then a few years later I saw the trend had actually caught on. So there! =P  OK not the coolest example but if you haven't picked up on it yet I was all hurt and then felt very vindicated when I saw my OH SO COOL trend on the pop super stars of Disney Channel. I said to stop laughing it's not nice!
    Well recently I had a similar moment happen but this time I was too lazy to try the trend for my self and now I just look like I'm jumping on the band wagon, instead of leading the charge! But anyway the trend is Japanese Gel Nail art. No big surprise that the Japanese are ahead of us on yet another trend. It's the same gel filling they use when you get fake nails just minus the Opaque color and the acrylic nail tips and add some glitter or color! Viola, great nail color and design that lasts weeks not days. Perfect for me since regardless of all the money I spend on my nails I still insist on using them to remove staples rather than a staple remover.  I don't know if it can be called a trend anymore though, it's become such a thing in Japan that now they have new television shows for nail artists to compete in. Almost every salon in Japan offers these crazy and Fabulous nail treatments. My fascination started a couple of years ago when I was looking for fun ways to decorate my nails. As I get older I find manicures and pedicures are becoming yet another way for me to express myself and the one feature I really love. I happen to be blessed with healthy nails that grow Very fast! Sorry to everyone else. I love the flashiness of glitter, but hate the glitter. Especially taking it off, Ugh! I did a google search and found a massive collection of photos all from Japanese salons and artists. It was heaven. So I did a little more research and found a nail salon in the Los Angeles area that did these Gel Nails. Unfortunately all of it's locations were a bit out of the way for me. So I kept saying, "I'll do it next week" and here we are years later and still no nails.

    Why bring  it back up? Well I was in an integration meeting this week at Stage 1901 when I noticed the Wardrobe designer's nails and I nearly choked. She had the Gels, and in a very cool style too. I was so bummed. She had glitter nails but with a three color gradient, gold to red to purple. Not very long but sharpened to a point. They would have been very scary if I wasn't so distracted by the glitter. She had claws, but really great claws.  I of course told her how fabulous her nails were and in true LA fashion she gave me a sort yeah "I know" reply. Once again I almost choked but this time I felt like choking her.
I got back to my office slightly envious but thrilled I wasn't her (being mean gives you wrinkles and makes you ugly!) when I noticed my coworkers new nails! Yup you guessed it Gel nails.  But she paid a fraction of the price I had been quoted and she had a place closer to me, SCORE! So now I'm thinking of all the fabulous ways to do my nails. I'll be sure to post a picture when they're done.



This is how the Japanese do it, please n=know this is considered SIMPLE


A little more my speed but still too much


Aren't they pretty?! OK so not very functional but still pretty.

This is closest to what I'm looking for.

Finally got my Gels. Best Part was my Salon had then and at an Awesome price!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment