Wednesday, October 26, 2011

Hostile work Environment

I've been working in Fashion for years now. First as a designer where everyone is a character and most are crazy, myself included but in a good way. Then I got into sales and well the people definitely changed. I found people in sales to be more forceful. And so in changing career paths I had to first grow a tough skin and then I had to learn to bite back! I've been through a lot and I've experienced all kinds of characters in this facet of the industry. But one thing I have learned is I don't do well with disrespectful and rude. I lose all patience with disrespectful people. It's my Achilles heel.I learned long ago I can't handle it, and so when I enter a work place with a person like that I tend to go straight to my director and if there is nothing to be done then I decide whether to stay or go. I usually tend to leave, because if the person had been there before and behaved that way most likely no one was interested in making them change or losing the person.

Well to my disappointment I find myself in that same situation again. Although this time I chose to stay and speak with my director about the situation. Well I've been submitting complaints for months now and she's still here. So I find myself wanting to jump ship. I don't work well in hostile environments. I can handle pressure and stress but not hostility another thing I learned long ago. And  let me tell you this girl is hostile. In truth there are two of them but I feel that if one were gone the other would calm down also only one is affecting my work and truly attacking me.

I've tried being diplomatic. But the fiery Latin in me is about to lash out and Slap this........ (I'll keep this clean). It seems that professionalism isn't a priority and respect is optional and so it may be time to leave.  For now I'm trying to stay calm and Zen!




No comments:

Post a Comment