Monday, July 4, 2011

Happy 4th of July and Centennial!!

Happy Independence Day Everyone!! 
So Far this weekend has been great! I got in so much needed exercise, Rest, and Got to Celebrate my Community's Centennial. For several months there has been a large banner across the main street of our Community announcing the Centennial Celebration of Eagle Rock, but no dates and not a single mailer sent out as to when and where the celebration would be happening. Well yesterday I found out that there have been celebrations all year long and will be further celebrations. But the Big one was planned yesterday as a joint celebration for Independence day and the Centennial. Eagle Rock Park was the venue. Filled with all kinds of food vendors and organization booths, from the Local Catholic church to the Green Daycare. Live Music and dance performance by several of the local dance studios. But I nearly began to drool over the great food options. They had a few local favorites, Mom and Pop Kettle corn, Gourmet Tamales, Corner Pizzeria, and Crepes. A couple of pleasant surprises were a candied Apple booth and an Aguas Fresca's stand. Can you tell I LOVE food?! Tons of activities and All I saw were the Candied apples and Tamales. 
Once the sun finally went down they began the main event. Fireworks! It was great fun and even better is I still have today to celebrate even more!




Aguas Frescas!

See WHY I was so excited about the Food?

Centennial Swag!

Two Bouncers that constantly had children in them.

No comments:

Post a Comment