Wednesday, June 15, 2011

Fashion Icons!-Greta Garbo

In my attempts to better educate myself in Fashion I thought today I would study the Fashion Elite. I've always loved Audrey Hepburn, CoCo Chanel, and Vivienne Westwood. And all though I knew of Twiggy, Bridgette Bardot, and Edie Sedgewick I was in need of true study! Once I jumped into this topic though I saw that the list could be extremely long. So where to start? There was enough for hundreds of posts thus was born my first Series posts. Here we go!

My First Icon Profile is Greta Garbo. Greta made it possible for woman to be both assertive and Feminine. The queen of method acting had a presence that stopped men it their tracks and made women want to be her. She set fashion trends galore but it's the social change she started that makes her a fashion icon. She redefined the role of woman in film, she was the highest paid woman in America in the 1930's.  Although never stated, she exuded the mentality of, "Yes I'm a woman. Yes I'm beautiful, But don't be fooled I could kick your ass if I wanted to". And that's what I love best about her.

So what sort of fashion trends are quintessentially Greta?
  • Perfect Pout- Lip liner is a must
  • Work the hair!
  • Lashes!!! Falsies are a must.
  • No matter what the outfit is, Be Confident!

That last point was particularly helpful to me today. I just wasn't feeling anything I put on but I sucked it up picked out a LBD and owned it!!  Thank You Greta!


I wish every photo of me looked this good.
There's that perfect pout.

Working the Hair.

No comments:

Post a Comment