Sunday, June 12, 2011

Lazy Days in Eagle Rock

I thought it was finally Time I wrote about my neighborhood. Eagle Rock is a small town in the big city. I know thats a contradiction in terms but it's true. It's a small neighborhood tucked between Glendale and Pasadena in the North East Corner of Los Angeles. Most people drive right through without knowing they been in a new neighborhood. I love it for this reason. It's a hidden gem. A family town with great food, fun shops, and plenty of community activities. I grew up in this little town moved away and decided to move right back once I got back to California. I love it here. I walked Eagle Rock, visited my favorite places and snapped a few shots to share with you.


First Stop was at the Four Cafe, the day this place opened was a blessing for me. They have a delicious vegetarian menu. I stopped in this morning to pick up a Ginger Mandarine Soda and  a Mexican Spiced Cookie.

Outdoor seating, perfect in the summer!

Comfortable atmosphere inside


Ready Made Salads and Desserts for a quick meal.

Second Stop was the Colorado Wine Company. The owners are the sweetest couple who really changed the feel of the neighborhood when they opened up this shop. We picked up two bottles on our walk.


I popped in to my hair salon, Double O, because I just love the decor the ladies have in there. Not only do they do GREAT hair but they've made the experience unique and fun with this great decor.



For Lunch we stopped at Lemon Grass, Great for vegetarians and Meat eaters like. I had the Vermicelli and Shredded Tofu and my fellow explorer had Chicken. They also have a full menu of Pho. Yum!



Chowing Down!

I think we Liked it.
Next we walked the residential streets where I snapped a few shots of the homes. This is where you can find all kinds of character in Eagle Rock.


Average Scene on an Eagle Rock Street





This is my dream house. And actual Castle in our little neighborhood. It's rumored Matt Damon and Ben Affleck  once lived in this house but I don't know for sure. One can dream though.



 Lions are a bit much, but we've grown to love them.
I picked these Olives up from The Eagle Rock Italian Bakery the day before.
Olives from Italian Bakery, Coconut meringues from Ruby's Bakery,  Mexican Spiced Cookie from Four Cafe,  and wines from the Colorado Wine Bar.
End to a Perfect Day.

No comments:

Post a Comment