Wednesday, June 1, 2011

I miss you Valentino!

 I'm sorry to report I only just saw the documentary on Valentino's second to last year as head Designer. It was wonderful and sad all at the same time. It truly was the end of an era. He had such a style with just the right touches of glamor and elegance. He designed dresses for women who loved to be women. A woman confident enough to wear shear lace, or ten pounds of gems, even ruffles without hesitation. I still flinch at ruffles, I'm working on it. The difference in design from Valentino Garavani and current Designers Maria Grazia Chiuri and Pier Paolo Piccioli is almost tragic to me. The designs are lovely and certainly geared toward selling however versus the extravagance and opulence that the  label once was it's looks like a different company entirely. They should have shut down "Valentino" the moment the creator left, and simple adopted a new name. It's isn't Valentino any longer. Don't take my word for it see for your self. Below is Fall/Winter 2007 followed by Fall/Winter 2011.
It's like Night and Day!












No comments:

Post a Comment